Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Greatest Review of why Superman III sucked ever written.



I usually don’t post about other people’s posts but this review of Superman III was right on the money.

I thought that Superman III sucked because Richard Pryor was miscast and still out acted everyone else on the set (I’m not a fan of Richard Pryor’s acting BTW).

But Bad News From Outer Space peels back that top layer of suck to reveal the next layer of suck, then peels that one back getting to the core of suck.

My Psychic Nutritionist Put Me Back On The Couch
Superman III – Review Redux

I know now why I hate this movie so much. I’ve watched it so many times over the years and just accepted that it sucked. It sucked because Richard Pryor was sadly miscast. It sucked because the humor was aimed at the pre-school level. It sucked because the villain is a lame retread of Gene Hackman’s Lex Luthor. It sucked. It sucked. It sucked.

But most of all, it sucked because it wasn't about anything. It had NO story to tell. It had a lot of plot. It had several action scenes. But when you add them all together, they meant absolutely
nothing.

(Read the whole review here)

BTW: the rest of his site is hilarious as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment